PSRC helps communities secure federal funding for transportation projects.
BIL Funding Webinar
On July 29, 2022, PSRC hosted a webinar to review information on the new Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL), and provide a high level summary of transportation funding and current federal grant opportunities.
A recording of the webinar, presentation slides and Overview of Selected BIL Discretionary Programs spreadsheet are available below.
- Overview of Selected BIL Transportation Programs Spreadsheet (this will be updated periodically as new information becomes available)
PSRC decides on the projects that will receive about $290 million in transportation funding annually from the Federal Highway Administration and the Federal Transit Administration.
We have multiple funding cycles:
- Regional FHWA and FTA Project Selection – Competitions to award funding from the Federal Highway Administration and Federal Transit Administration to priority projects. 2022 Call for Projects released.
- Rural Town Centers and Corridors – Supports projects that help rural town transportation needs.
- Special Needs – Supports specialized transportation for seniors, youth, people with disabilities and people with low income.
- Transportation Alternatives Program – Funding for community-based transportation improvements such as bicycle/pedestrian facilities, historic preservation of transportation assets, and environmental mitigation.