The Housing Innovations Program (HIP) is a collection of planning resources that local governments can use to promote housing affordability and new housing choices in their communities. Learn more about the HIP.
Affordable housing accessible to a range of incomes is a key feature of VISION 2050. The HIP provides jurisdictions with tools and strategies they can use to work toward shared goals and meet local needs. These include:
- Encourage housing in centers and near transit (PDF)
- Provide housing options in expensive markets (PDF)
- Build missing middle density (PDF)
- Increase neighborhood stability by mitigating residential displacement (PDF)
- Build community support for affordable housing (PDF)
Search the Toolkit
Select from the filters to customize your search. Results with an asterisk (*) include more detail, and are proven to be particularly effective at meeting regional housing needs.