Limited Call for Project Updates
The Limited Call for Project Updates to the current Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) Regional Capacity Projects list is open. This opportunity is the mid-cycle amendment process prior to the next full plan update, scheduled for adoption in 2026. This call will be for a limited set of project updates or new project admissions:
- Refinements to existing projects may be submitted, but new projects – or projects requesting to be moved from the Unprogrammed list to the Constrained list - should only be submitted if work on the project is expected to begin prior to 2026.
- All project requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis to determine consistency with the plan’s financial strategy and regional policy.
Background information may be found on this page, including the thresholds for Regional Capacity Projects, explanation of project status, and more.
All interested project sponsors must complete and submit an application by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, December 18, 2023. Agencies should use their existing Regional TIP web application username and password when completing their application.
The board is anticipated to take action on this amendment in February 2024. For questions, please contact Mitch Koch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-356-5481.
Information on the project list and the Approval process for the current Regional Transportation Plan adopted in May 2022 may be found below.
Regional Capacity Projects are those projects adding capacity to the regional system above a pre-determined threshold, and include roadway, transit, bicycle/pedestrian and other project types. Projects meeting this threshold must be approved on the list before proceeding towards funding and implementation. Projects that are below this threshold are considered “programmatic” in the plan and are able to pursue funding and implementation with no further actions.
- More information on Regional Transportation Plan project thresholds (PDF)
Regional Capacity Project List & Status
Projects are required to be either in the financially constrained plan or in the “Unprogrammed” portion of the plan.
- Regional Transportation Plan Capacity Projects List - Adopted May 2022
- More information on Regional Transportation Plan project statuses (PDF)
The application for submitting projects to the Regional Transportation Plan includes questions related to the adopted RTP prioritization measures. Guidance materials are provided below to help sponsors respond to these questions and explain the scores for each measure.