The Puget Sound Regional Council, the Washington State Department of Commerce, and the Municipal Research and Services Center are hosting a series of online workshops to support the comprehensive plan periodic updates. The kick off workshop provided an overview of what’s new in the Growth Management Act and VISION 2050 since the last major update, PSRC’s plan review and certification process, and resources and tools to support your plan update.
The primary audience for this series are the planners, consultants, and staff most involved with comprehensive planning, but elected officials, planning commissioners, and others with a role in the upcoming comprehensive plan updates are also welcome to attend.
The Passport to 2044 series continues! Upcoming sessions:
- TOD and Centers: December 13, 2022 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
More sessions with dates coming soon:
- Housing Session 2: Housing Need and Capacity
- Equity Session 2: Equity Impact Assessment & Data Resources
- Comprehensive Plan Overview for Elected Officials and Planning Commissions
- June 15, 2022 - Comprehensive Plan Workshop Series Kickoff
- August 17, 2022 - Climate Change
- September 7, 2022 - Economic Development
- October 18, 2022 - Transportation
- October 26, 2022 - Housing (Session 1) - Racially Disparate Impacts
- November 8, 2022 - Equity (Session 1) - Equity Resources for Local Plans & Equitable Community Engagement
- November 15, 2022 - Coordination with Tribes
- November 30, 2022 - Planning for Critical Areas